SANTA CLARA COUNTY
EVACUATION ORDER: The National Weather Service has issued a FLOOD WARNING for this area:
Residents along the Guadalupe River area from Willow Glen Way to Atlanta Avenue ARE ENCOURAGED to evacuate immediately due to threat of flooding.
Remain calm. It is urgent and important to evacuate to the homes of family or friends, or to San Jose’s designated evacuation center at
SHELTER is setup: Willow Glen Community Center, 2175 Lincoln Avenue.
Folks are encouraged to sign up for emergency Alerts at alertscc.com
Standby for additional messages and visit www.sanjoseca.gov for more detailed information.
Residents in areas not named for evacuation should remain in place, be alert to changing conditions.
SIGN UP FOR AlertSCC
AlertSCC is a free, easy, and confidential way for anyone who lives or works in Santa Clara County to get emergency warnings sent directly to their cell phone, mobile device, email, or landline. AlertSCC can reach you wherever you are to provide information and instructions in a variety of emergency situations, which may include:
- Flooding, wildfires and subsequent evacuations
- Public safety incidents, including crimes, that immediately affect your neighborhood
- Post-disaster information about shelters, transportation, or supplies
It only takes a minute. Sign up today and tell someone you love! CLICK HERE
DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER EPISODES – WARMING AND COOLING CENTERS ARE OPEN
For information on shelter locations and warming centers around Santa Clara County CLICK HERE
For information on shelter locations and cooling centers around Santa Clara County CLICK HERE
- Call 2-1-1, or text your zip code to 898211 to get information on the nearest warming shelter/center
- Homeless Helpline: 408-793-0550 for assistance or report a homeless person in need in Santa Clara County (excluding San Jose).
- HomeFirst Homeless Helpline: Call 408-510-7600 or email Home First Helpline. HomeFirst’s outreach team provides access to emergency shelter, showers, laundry, meals, medical services, case management, employment training, and more.
Homeless individuals can register to receive text messages about services as follows:
- Simply address a text message to: 888777
- Type HOMELESS in the message
- Send the message